Saturday, October 10, 2015

It's Been A Year

It's been a year since the day I realized I would face my fears and cry more tears.

It's been a year since I came to realize what I between my thighs can't keep him around if he calling her wife.
Lying to me about changing my life and making things right.
It's been a year since I had to let him go.
Since I had to admit that I know he won't change.
Since I told him to go and it will be fine.
Since I saw him dance while going like I had destroyed his time.
It's been a year.

It's been a year since I asked you to go.
Since you destroyed my life and love it so.
It's been a year of rough nights.
Cold and nervous.
It's been a year of hurt and disservice.
It's been a year.
Tear after tear and day after day but still I fight to keep my life a certain way.
It has been a year.

Since I almost lost my angel without wings?
When I thought I would never again hear her sing.
Truly I seemed composed but only God really knows.
Wanted to fight the priest days before Christmas because he thought you wouldn't be with us.
I knew it wasn't time but everyone else i had to remind.

It's been a year and I smile like the devastation never came.
That when I hear your name those tear stains don't remain.
It's been a year of turmoil but I fight to not let a devil like you steal my joy.
Although you may hate me, my life you can't destroy.
It's been a year, and we've all come to terms that out of 91 years the time we spent with you is our blessing and you prepared us to each face our fears.

Lord give me strength for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment