Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Confidant


Confidant
It seems that there are many different types of people that walk in and out of a person’s life. But for some reason they never seem to leave without leaving some kind of footprint behind. I never quite understood why that was so but after being on this Earth for twenty years it’s become clear, that they leave footprints so that you know which directions you want to go in life. Some people leave footprints that you will never follow while other leave behind the perfect trail to where you want to be. But no two people have the same footprint; therefore no two people will have the same exact path.
Now on my path in life I have come to see that there are people in life that I want to be like and those that I can not stand to even think of their names but either way that proves they have left a lasting impression on my life. They have either been the source of my nights of joy and happiness or the cause of the tears and fears that I still try to fight and hide until this very day. The problem is that there is something about the path that I have walked down that has caused me to become the person that people trust and enjoy to be around. I am the person that even though I am almost a foot shorter than most of my friends, they will slouch down to use my shoulder to cry on or lean on during their weakest moments. There is something about my aurora that causes people to see that inside of me lays the journal that they have been searching for and have always had the key. And some how with each time that they talk to me I become a new person’s confidant. I become the diary that is supposed to last until one of us goes somewhere and who knows where that may be or the person that I supposed to be there for a life time. But for some unknown reason even to me, I refuse to have only one person that I confide in and in all honesty that is the source of a great deal of problems that I face. If you have no one person that you can trust enough other than yourself to unload your woes and worries, fear and tears, then all that is left is for them to fester inside of you and grow into something that could one day honestly kill you.
To be someone’s confidant is one of the best and worst things possible and very few realize that. I mean by no means would I ever turn down the chance to be there for someone but at the same time the responsibility can be seen as a burden at times. There are moments when you simply want to break free from having people think or believe or even “know” that they can trust you above everyone else, because truth be told most confidants don’t even know if they can trust themselves.
If you are the type of person that finds it hard to trust others then how in the world do you know how to be trusted?
When do you know that a secret is a secret and what can be told?
Why did they choose to tell me this information, is it some kind of test?
Do I go on in life and not talk about it again unless they bring it up or do I act like they never said a thing to me?


See those questions right there are only a few of the questions that can drive a confidant insane and they are not that easy to answer either.

No comments:

Post a Comment