Sunday, March 14, 2010

There are times I think about my friends

There are times that I think about my friends,
Who will be there ‘til the end.
Then I think of my acquaintance,
And it never matters to me if they come or go.
And sometimes on a gray day
I let my mind play with the thoughts of enemies,
Who could never be a friend to me.

But as years go by
And tears that I cry
Its clear that none of this is true.
Friendships do end for various reasons
Although we want them to last through all the seasons
The end could be due to distance
Or even rage
Or to things so simple it couldn’t fill up a page
Or even to jealousy or grudges held
When they end it seems like nothing helps
Now a friend becomes an enemy
Who could never be a friend to me.

On the other hand I have seen brighter days
Where all my sorrows just fade away
Its just seems amazing
How things seem to change

No comments:

Post a Comment