Sunday, March 14, 2010

Confidont

I don’t ask to know it all
I think it’s best that I know less
But sad to say you all fill me in
And keep me posted on things from eat to west
I know who is dating who
I know the latest fashion too

I rather not know what is wrong
I wish you keep moving along
But I know what made you cry that day
I know why you gave it away
I know who broke up the happy home
And I know why you can’t sleep alone

I didn’t want to give this great responsibility
I wish that it was no bestowed upon me
And to think that I will have to continue to see
The people who truly are not worth much me
When you know one thing and have to hide
That you know something
It destroys you from the inside

When you have been given a blessing and a curse
You always wonder which is worse
To be trust is great
And to be loved it even better
To know every details of someone’s live
Even down to the letter

Once you know the secret
Do you let it go from you memory
Or do hold on to it everyday
Do you talk about it
Or is mum the word
Either way you have to be careful
Because you never know who heard

The responsibility soon becomes a burden
One that no one will ever know
You are not only a friend
But you are now a Confidant
That no one really knows
You are a living diary
But someone else’s secrets
You always keep

You are a confidant
Which brings you no comfort
When you sleep
The person that has to keep so many secrets
They now have none of their own
But still holding on to others
And continuously playing along
Playing the role of a joyous friend
Playing the role of a diary to who only one has the key
Playing the role so well
That I don’t even recognize me

No comments:

Post a Comment