Monday, September 7, 2015

It seems...

It seems I'm on a stage
My life is like a book
And people read every page
They don't understand the lines
They never read the words
Only listening to summaries that they've heard

My friends are like mountains
My friends are like wings
They stand tall and strong
Like the natural fortress protecting all the lil things
They sings words so sweet
That allow my heart to continue to beat

You are my cane
When I can no longer walk up right
You are my light
When I can no longer see at night
You are my friend
When I feel that I am alone
You are my sister
When it seems I only get dialtone
You are my eyes
When I can no longer see
You my ears
When the truth needs to be heard
And I rather it not be
You are my mouth
And help me to speak up
Allow my words to be clear

You are my fortress, my sister, my left hand
You are a blessing my dear
~WLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment